Personal Injury Lawyers
Attorney Services from the Law Offices of Victor R Jackson
PERSONAL INJURY: Dealing with the aftershock of a car accident or serious injury? We know how to help people who have been injured. Personal injury incidents occur in various means and can fluctuate in extreme. These unfortunate instances can be quite harrowing for the individual and their families, especially if it was the result of negligence and carelessness of someone else! No matter how serious the injury, we can help. We handle a wide array of matters, including the ones listed below.
- Assault and Battery
- Auto Accident
- Dog Attacks
- Medical Malpractice
- Slip and Fall Accidents
- Workplace Injury
The Law Offices of Victor R. Jackson listen carefully as you recount your incident. Once we receive your details, we carefully investigate your case, proficiently negotiate with all necessary parties, and make ourselves available to protect and defend you in a court of law.
Tips for Filing a Personal Injury Claim
- Seek Immediate Medical Attention – The absolute first thing you should do if you have been seriously injured is to get medical attention. A medical professional should evaluate injuries before you attempt to sort out any claims. This is important because failing to do so can occasionally diminish the amount of damages you are able to obtain, and it’s no surprise that insurance companies are always looking for ways to reject or diminish your claim.
- File a Police Report – Should a lawsuit occur, a police report would be essential to use in court. It’s also a helpful document to house all the recorded facts.
- Be mindful of what You Say at the Scene – Communication is key after an accident takes place. Typically, someone will be responsible for the accident that occurred so emotions may be running high. Despite who’s at fault, it’s best to avoid making statements that will create conflict and complicate the situation even more.
- Keep Track of Injury Related Costs and Expenses – Hospital bills, insurance records, damage related bills, or even written details of the injury/incident while it’s still top of mind…these are just a few of the important documents you should consider having on hand.
- Be Watchful when Insurance Companies are Involved – Though insurance companies are a necessary part of the claim process, they can often make the legal process more complex. You will want to be sure you guard your interests during negotiation with one of our lawyers on hand.
- Have a Thorough Understanding of the Documents – When putting your signature on any documents related to the personal injury, be sure you fully understand the printed terms. Even more importantly, you’ll want to be cautious of any documents that ask you to release the other party from accountability, or that oblige you to forfeit your right to a lawsuit.
- Be Attentive of Deadlines – For most personal injury claims, that statute of limitation will come into play. This means you will only have a certain amount of time after the accident to file your legal claim. Because this varies state-by-state and is dependent upon the type of accident, it’s important to familiarize yourself with the statute of limitations as once the allotted time has expired, you may not be able to file your claim.
- Familiarize yourself with the Legal Process – If you are not aware of the rules regarding filing a personal injury claim in your area, it may be helpful to speak with a lawyer about the guidelines. This will help alleviate any added stress and misunderstanding during an already taxing situation.
If you are dealing with a matter that may not be listed, that does not mean we can’t handle it. Just give us a call and let us know the situation and we can talk through it. As your trusted personal injury lawyer, we encompass superior experience and knowledge of the law, the ability to get you the most compensation, and will do so in the appropriate timely manner.
At the Law Offices of Victor R. Jackson, we will defend your rights!